Protecting Your Concrete and Tile Floors
Concrete is one of the few materials used in Arizona because it is durable enough to stand up to the heavy traffic, abrasion, chemicals, and moisture exposure these surfaces are often exposed to. That is one of the main reasons why concrete is often used for garage floors and industrial spaces, because of its strength.
If a concrete floor is what you have, you should know that a proper coating is an important part of the installation and repair. The floor is the most damaged surface of a building. The main purpose of a Gilbert concrete floor coating, is to provide protection to the slab from deterioration, contamination, or to provide added benefits such as aesthetics, wear, non-skid, chemical resistance, ease of maintenance, physical performance, and a myriad of other properties.
The search and application of products suitable for a good coating of a concrete floor in Gilbert, require a good selection. It is not only to select the material, you must evaluate all the conditions in terms of application, total thickness, aesthetics and other factors that could influence.
Methods to Clean Concrete Floors
Here will list the steps you must follow for a right material selection:
1. Evaluate the surface: Call a specialist to be able to provide a complete program from conception to long-term maintenance. You must remember that new concrete requires proper preparation just as any old surface does. Curing compounds must be removed, a proper profile or roughness achieved, and any surface laitance removed.
2. Consider the Performance Conditions: The four major areas of abuse that will dictate what a flooring system needs are chemical exposure, abrasion, impact, and thermal shock.
3. Don’t forget to consider the final appearance, installation parameters, life expectancy and budget.
Concrete and cement are not similar terms, and less synonymous. Cement is the dry substance in powder that when mixed with sand, gravel and water, becomes concrete.
Types of Concrete Mix
The recommended and most known brands of Concrete Mix are the following ones:
– Quickrete: Ideal for pouring concrete slabs and setting posts, 4000 psi average compressive strength and easy to use by simply adding water.
– Rapid set: Sets in just 15 minutes, structural Strength in just 1 hour and easy to use, just adding water.
Tiles could be an easier installation than concrete, even Gilbert tile floor cleaning or repair.
Tile flooring is a durable option for areas of the house that could get wet from time to time like kitchens, bathrooms and others. With proper care, it can last for many years and regular tile cleaning is one of the main things involved in its care.
3 Tile Cleaning Methods:
1. Basic Tile Flooring Care: Sweeping or vacuuming the floor every day before scrubbing or cleaning is necessary. You should run a dry cloth or dust mop on the floors after it has been swept.This will remove loose dirt, leftover food and some other things that can accumulate on tile floors and that, over time, become dirt difficult to remove.
2. Deep Cleaning Techniques: Clean the floor with warm water and some vinegar. We do not recommend this solution if you have marble floors. Then remove the stains, clean the mold from the tile floors and remove the rust stains.
3. Cleaning Grout in Tile Flooring: You could try a pencil eraser; this trick is great for cleaning small sections of stained grout.
If the grout is too dirty, baking soda could help. Make a paste of baking soda and water, scrub the paste and wash the grout with warm water when you are finished.
Types of Tiles
Tiles are one of the most widely known and aesthetically pleasing types of floor materials available, it has a variety of types and designs including:
– Mexican tile: This is an easy to break type, but a very attractive option for those who prefer a more traditional and picturesque design in their homes or work centers. They are typically crafted in local ovens. This work is performed at low temperatures to ensure a stronger and more reliable surface. Some designs of Mexican tiles may not be perfectly flat or square, or they may have traces of animal footprints or debris and create an old home feel.
– Talavera tile: This is considered the most decorative type of tile due to the large variety of patterns that are typically painted on them. If you want to create a warm and cozy, with Talavera tiles, no doubt, you will achieve it.
– Clay tile: It breaks more easily as the Mexican type, but with a good care, can last a long time. Clay tiles repel water. They are very shiny, so if what you want is a more rustic look this might not be a good option for you. Tiles of this type are beautiful for home decor and are suitable for a wide range of styles.
If you are remodeling your place and looking for a specialist for concrete floor cleaning, Gilbert tile and grout cleaning or Gilbert concrete floor coating in Arizona, Barefoot Surfaces and Desert Tile and Grout Care are available to do an excellent job. Do not hesitate to contact us! Contact Barefoot Surfaces at 602-931-7656 and contact Desert tile and Grout Care at 480-288-4475.